Theatrical play, performance, and original storytelling for Seniors - taught by professional actors and artist instructors
ZOOM Golden Firefly every Wednesday
February 3 – March 10, 2021 | 1:00pm – 3:00 pm Online
Everyone welcome. No experience necessary!
Using humour and fun acting games in a safe, lighthearted environment, we awaken our senses and explore the world of storytelling.
Fun. Freeing. Stimulating our imaginations.
Join in ANY TIME
You choose when and how often you join in! Sign up for one class. All classes. Or as many as you like.
PHT’s ZOOM Golden Firefly class is FREE. But registration is required to help us prepare for your time with us. Just click the REGISTER button to get started then follow the prompts.
Remember to sign up by 4:00 pm the Tuesday before your chosen Wednesday class to reserve your spot!
Questions? Need technical assistance?
Contact Manami at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building community through play and laughter
Golden Firefly participants connect weekly to work with professional actors and artist instructors. Together online they open their imaginations and develop their sense of play through theatre games, acting exercises and stories.
Each participant works one-on-one with an artist instructor to write their own original story. Together the group explores different ways bring each story to life – by acting them out together, storytelling or through puppetry and props.
Originally delivered indoors at Senior Centres and in our theatre, we all boldly moved Golden Firefly online with the start of COVID restrictions. The fun WILL go on!
What they say about the Golden Firefly Project
- “Everyone has a story. They just need someone to hear it.” (Participant)
- “Although Firefly is an inclusive, non-judgemental class, it took me a L-O-N-G- time to develop even an ounce of confidence, now I realise, how valuable the Firefly program is, on a number of levels, not least of which is neighbours meeting neighbours for the first time and the camaraderie that comes from that.” (Participant)
- “I started, with a feeling of scared frozen, was definitely more an observer than a doer, later to realise the Firefly Program was thought provoking, entertaining and fun! (Participant)
- “(I learned) that I can overcome memory, reading, breathing difficulties – improved self-confidence.” (Participant)
- “The program was very much in demand and highly successful in decreasing the social isolation of seniors in the community and improving their quality of life.” (Senior Centre Representative)